Congratulations on your desire to publish a book that may be a blessing to many and bring honor to Christ Jesus. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with you in reaching your goal. Our desire is to publish top-quality Christian books that have a professional appearance as well as excellent content and will reach people with a life-changing message.
Here is what we offer that many publishers cannot provide: Through the pages of The Baptist Courier and our website, BaptistCourier.com, we are able to place your book before approximately 100,000 potential readers. (At right are links to books by Courier editor Rudy Gray and the late Courier columnist Horace Sims.)
The Courier has been in the ministry of Christian journalism since 1869, “informing and inspiring South Carolina Baptists.” We are a recognized source with a solid reputation in this state, especially among the 2,100-plus churches of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
We have a dedicated team that will work with you every step of the way to transform your manuscript into a professionally finished book.
You retain full rights to your book. Once your book goes to press, it should be in your hands in less than a month. Payment is expected when your contract is signed.
Six Steps to Becoming a Published Author
- Communicate with a member of our team to discuss your book. We can share information with you that will help you expedite the process and avoid some common pitfalls.
- Submit your digital manuscript (.doc, .txt, etc.) to us for evaluation. The content of your manuscript will be evaluated on the basis of our statement of faith, The Baptist Faith and Message 2000 (www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp). Manuscripts must be corrected for grammar and punctuation before being submitted to CourierPublishing. (Suggestion: High school English teachers make good proofreaders.)
- We will contact you to discuss the evaluation of your manuscript and any recommendations we have. (Manuscripts requiring significant revision may be returned to the author for further development.)
- Choose the customized services that best fit your needs. We will then create the publishing plan that is right for you.
- We prepare your files for publication and order the number of books you have requested.
- We promote your book through the print and online delivery systems of The Courier and via social media.
Our publishing packages offer a wide range of features designed to fit your specific needs. The total cost of your publishing package is determined by how many books you order and what add-on or customized features you desire. Call us today 1-888-667-4693 to start the discussion. The call is free, and there is no obligation on your part. We look forward to working with you to make your publishing dream a reality.
A division of The Baptist Courier
100 Manly Street
Greenville, SC 29601 1-888-667-4693