South Carolina Woman’s Missionary Union will hold its annual Missions Encounter and Annual Meeting March 21-22 at Calvary Baptist Church in Florence.
Meeting under the theme, “Ignite,” women from across the state will gather to celebrate missionary work across the world, conduct business and be equipped to champion missions in their churches.
The two-day meeting will feature mission action and support projects, breakout conferences, exhibits, a quilts display, a camp store and WMU materials store, and visits from two “historical guests.”
Speakers will include:
• Debby Akerman of Myrtle Beach, president of Woman’s Missionary Union, Southern Baptist Convention
• Lorna Bius, missionary, LoveLoud Catalyst, West Region, North American Mission Board; Aurora, Colo.
• Jack and Bert Yates, missionaries, International Mission Board, Nairobi, Kenya
• Neal Hughes, regional mobilizer, South Region, North American Mission Board, Alpharetta, Ga.
• Gordon Fort, senior vice president, Office of Prayer Mobilization and Training, International Mission Board, Richmond, Va.
• David George, president, WMU Foundation, Birmingham, Ala.
• Chris Smith, director of missions, Florence Association
• David Parks, associate executive director, Church Strengthening Team, South Carolina Baptist Convention
• Gary Anderson, director, Church Health and Cooperative Program Group, South Carolina Baptist Convention
• Rosalie Hunt, author, historian, and dramatist, Guntersville, Ala.
The meeting starts Friday, March 21 at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. the following day.
Registration for the meeting is requested but not required. For more information, visit www.scwmu.org/2014annualmeeting.