Adams Internship Job Description
The Baptist Courier, a ministry affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention, is seeking a Communications intern. Students from South Carolina Baptist churches are preferred, but it is not necessarily a requirement. Students must be declared Communications or English majors intent on pursuing a media career.
Students will work closely with the editor and managing editor. Students are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, but workdays and times are flexible. Expenses incurred will be reimbursed. A monetary stipend will be given upon completion of the internship. Positions may start as early as May and run through early September, depending on the university’s academic schedule, or may be coordinated with the beginning of a semester.
The Communications intern will work with staff to produce video, digital and social media content. Interns also may assist in writing articles and photography for the print magazine. For more information about the Baptist Courier, please visit our website at baptistcourier.com. To apply, please complete the application and send to email@example.com.
- Develop videos and social media content for the Baptist Courier’s website, social media platforms and video channel.
- Help create, produce and edit podcast episodes and video clips for distribution through social media.
- Assist in production of live-streaming events.
- Write related news and feature stories for the print magazine.
- Manage photo and video content.
- Aptitude for initiating innovative ideas and determining what appeals to various target audiences.
- Exceptional writing ability and experience with writing news stories.
- Ability to gather and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Experience with use of video cameras, sound equipment and lighting.
- Experience with using social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo.
- Knowledge of Word, Premiere, Photoshop, and Audacity software.