Update: Because our book publishing service is at full capacity, and as we conduct a self-study at our 10-year mark, Courier Publishing currently is only accepting manuscripts for review in the fall of 2023. If you would like to submit a manuscript at this time, we’ll be happy to provide an evaluation in the fall. We regret that we will not be able to review your manuscript before then. Thank you for your understanding as we take the necessary time to assess our mission and practices in order to ensure the best possible service to our authors.
Congratulations on your desire to publish a book that may be a blessing to many and will bring honor to Christ Jesus. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with you in reaching your goal. Our desire is to publish top-quality Christian books that have a professional appearance and excellent content and will reach people with a life-changing message.
Here is what we offer that many publishers cannot provide: Through the pages of The Baptist Courier and our website, BaptistCourier.com, we are able to place your book before approximately 100,000 potential readers.
We publish books in a wide range of sizes, from 4.37 x 7, to 8.5 x 11 — including square books. We also publish paperback, hardback (case laminate, or clothbound with color dust jacket). Our most popular packages include a full-color cover. We can also publish books with full-color pages — excellent for children’s books — at very competitive pricing.
We have a dedicated team that will work with you every step of the way to transform your manuscript into a professionally finished book.
You retain full rights to your book. Once your book goes to press, it should be in your hands in about two weeks.
The Courier has been in the ministry of Christian journalism since 1869, “informing and inspiring South Carolina Baptists.” We are a recognized source with a solid reputation in this state, especially among the 2,100-plus churches of the South Carolina Baptist Convention.
Six Steps to Becoming a Published Author
- Communicate with a member of our team to discuss your book. We can share information with you that will help you expedite the process and avoid some common pitfalls.
- Submit your digital manuscript (.doc, .txt, etc.) to us for evaluation. The content of your manuscript will be evaluated on the basis of our statement of faith, The Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Manuscripts should be corrected for grammar and punctuation before being submitted to CourierPublishing. (Suggestion: High school English teachers make good proofreaders.)
- We will contact you to discuss the evaluation of your manuscript and any recommendations we have.
- Choose the customized services that best fit your needs. We will then create the publishing plan that is right for you.
- We prepare your files for publication and order the number of books you have requested.
- We promote your book through the print and online products of The Courier and via social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Our publishing packages offer a wide range of features designed to fit your specific needs. The total cost of your publishing package is determined by how many books you order and which customized features you desire. Call us toll-free at 1-888-667-4693 or email us at email@example.com to start the discussion. There is no obligation on your part. We look forward to working with you to make your publishing dream a reality.